For the Pumpkin Sauce
- 1 Hilary’s Super Cauliflower Veggie Burger
- 1 medium-to-large sugar pumpkin
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tbsp grated or minced fresh ginger
- 1-2 serrano peppers, diced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
For the Pumpkin Sauce
- 1/2 of of the roasted pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed & sliced in half
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Roast for 30-45 minutes until lightly brown. Drizzle the pumpkin halves with a bit of the oil, and season well with salt and pepper. Place the halves, flesh side down, on the lined baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven for 30-45 minutes, until the flesh is fork tender.
- Chop onions, garlic, ginger, and green chili peppers.
- Take one roasted pumpkin half and use a knife to score the flesh into cubes and set the pumpkin cubes aside.
- For the other half and the pumpkin sauce, scoop out all of the flesh and add it to the blender. To the blender, add 1 cup of water, 1 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper to taste. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a deep, large frying pan over medium-high heat with 1 1/2 tbsp avocado oil. Add the onions with a pinch of salt and sauté until they just start to turn brown, 4-6 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and green chilies and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add ground spices- cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, and nutmeg- and cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the pumpkin sauce and coconut milk. Stir until well combined. Add in the roasted pumpkin cubes and 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the curry starts to thicken.
- Add Hilary’s Super Cauliflower Veggie Burger and green beans. Gently simmer for another 35 minutes or until the green beans are crisp-tender.
- Add the garam masala, lemon juice, and cilantro and stir to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy!