Skip to content
- 1 Hilary’s Southwest Adzuki Bean Burger
- 1 cup Millet
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 Peppers, tops cut off
- 1 cup Pasta Sauce
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsp Basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts, toasted
- 1 cup Spinach, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- In a large, dry pot, toast the raw millet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until it turns a rich golden brown. Add the vegetable stock, onions and garlic the pot and stir. Bring to a boil on high heat then lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow it to sit, covered and for 10 minutes.
- While the millet is cooking, cook Hilary’s Adzuki Bean Burger on the stove.
- Place the cut peppers in a steamer basket and steam for 10 minutes until slightly soft then pat dry.
- When the millet mixture is done resting, gently stir in the pasta sauce, nutritional yeast, spices, pine nuts and spinach.
- Spoon the stuffed peppers filling into the steamed peppers. Cook the stuffed peppers for 20 minutes in the oven uncovered.
- Let them cool and enjoy! Happy Halloween!