• 1 Lb Pasta of Your Choice
• 1 Hilary’s Root Veggie Burger
• 1-2 Handfuls Arugula
• Lots of Fresh Cracked Pepper
• 2 Shallots Chopped
• 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Sauté
• 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree Canned or Homemade
• 1/2 Cup Canned Diced Tomatoes
• 3-4 Large Fresh Basil Leaves
• 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
• 1/4 Tsp Salt or more to taste
- Start by cooking the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the shallots and mince the garlic.
- When pasta is done cooking, remove from heat and drain water. Then, put the pasta back in the pot and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil (to prevent the pasta from sticking together).
- Then, bring a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil in a sauté pan to medium-high heat. Add the shallots, and sauté for about ten minutes, until shallots have softened.
- Then, reduce heat to medium and add minced garlic. Sauté until the garlic is JUST browned (it cooks quickly - be careful not to burn!!)
- Once garlic is slightly browned, add in diced tomatoes and sauté for about five minutes, to let the flavors really mix.
- Then, add tomato/shallot/garlic mixture to a blender with pumpkin purée, basil leaves, salt, and pepper. Blend on high until everything is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the pumpkin sauce over the pasta and mix completely.
- Cut and mix in Hilary’s Root Veggie Burger. If desired, add in 1-2 handfuls of arugula for a nice peppery flavor.
- Serve pasta in bowl, with lots of extra fresh cracked pepper on top. Enjoy!