- 2 Hilary’s World’s Best Veggie Burger
- 1/2 large white onions
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 lemon, grated peel and juiced
- 1 ripe Granny Smith apple, cute lengthwise into 8 slices
- Butter Lettuce, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups vegan white cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp hot pepper jelly or jalapeño jelly
- 2 gluten-free hamburger buns
- In a medium bowl, season Hilary’s World’s Best Veggie Burger with lemon peel and thyme; season with salt and pepper.
- In a small nonstick skillet, add the apple slices, lemon juice, and enough water to just cover the apple. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the apple is softened, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the apple slices to a plate.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add the veggie burgers and cook, turning once, for 12 minutes. Top with the cheese and apple slices, tent the pan with foil and cook until the cheese is melted, 2 minutes.
- Spread 1 tablespoon hot pepper jelly on each gluten-free hamburger bun. Assemble burger and enjoy!